Manhattan Doll

Friday, September 01, 2006

MIA

I've been MIA for 9 months. I didn't realize how much the break-up with Steven upset me. I had never personally known a grifter. They are scary people. I sued him Small Claims Court--and won. But have still not seen dime one. I don't think he has a dime, a nickel, or PENNY. I think all of his stories, were just that--stories.

It's been a busy time workwise. I've been a regular road warrior. In February I went to Knoxville, TN (which has a wonderful art museum) and New Orleans, where my two-day business trip turned into a 5 days snowed OUT of New York. You would not believe the devastation outside the French Quarter! It's the size of Great Britain!

In March I returned to New Orleans and could not believe how little how been done to rebuild the city. In June I flew down Sea Island, GA, for a site visit. I stayed in a fabulous hotel and had my own private butler. The Princess in me really loved the attention.

In July I went back to New Orleans and spent $100 an hour after I checked into the hotel. The next week I flew for a one-day site visit to Chicago, was hit on by three men, got carded, and spent 5 hours in O'Hare waiting for LaGuardia to get its act together.

In August I went back to Chicago for 6 days. I spent a gazillion dollars in Nordstrom's waiting to check into my room--down time is very expensive for me! I visited the Art Institute and saw the Tut exhibit. Nothing like combining culture with business,. It makes these trips bearable.

And now I'm home until Halloween, when I return to Sea Island. I wanted to zip over to London to visit the Tate Museum, but the thought of getting on a plane with just a tube of KY is just too much of a hassle. And that is correct. You can bring lubricant on a plane but you cannot bring toothpaste. I would think you could get into more mischief with KY than with Colgate.

Here's an interesting tidbit. The reason my friends and I can't meet any eligible men in Manhattan is becuase they don't live in Manhattan. If they are divorced, they are probably living in the burbs to be close to their kids. I may have to go back on JDate and expand my search from 1 mile to 50 miles.

2 Comments:

At September 1, 2006 at 8:53 PM, Blogger COL said...

hey babe,
glad you're back. i knew you had been on the road a lot but wow -- seeing it all chronicled like that brought the point home. i am glad you're taking a break -- sounds like you really need it! remember our mantra -- easy dows it.

 
At September 1, 2006 at 8:53 PM, Blogger COL said...

easy does it, that is. whoops
so easy i cants spell ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home