Manhattan Doll

Monday, March 07, 2005

Frank from the Bronx

Last Tuesday night I took a cab home from the office. When I got out at 86th Street, I had that horrible, empty feeling that my wallet was still in the cab. It was. However, as I watched the cab disappear up First Avenue, I knew I was going to get my wallet back--probably without my cash and brand-new, 30-day, unlimited Metro Card.

The next morning Frank from the Bronx rang my bell. He got my address from my Driver's License. Frank from the Bronx gave me my wallet--with everything in it! I gave him my thanks and a generous reward.

Morale to the story: Before you get out of a cab, bus, or subway, make absolutely, positively sure you have all your possessions with you. There is no going back. Once the door closes, you and your stuff are s-e-p-a-r-a-t-e-d--unless Frank from the Bronx finds it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home